A good friend and possibly the kindest person I've ever known makes me these cookies every Fall. I finally got the recipe from her this year. They are yummy and make a lot.
According to my husband, they are kind of weird and taste better the second day.
Princess Sparkley loves loves loves them. But I'm not sure her taste in food is really trustworthy.
Buddy likes them okay, but again, he didn't inherit the sweet tooth the rest of us have.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 cup shortening
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 14 oz can pure pumpkin
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
2 tsp vanilla
5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp nutmeg
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
3/4 cup applesauce
1 bag chocolate chips
Directions:
Cream shortening, sugar and egg. Combine dry ingredients. Add half of dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture. Add applesauce. Add remainder of dry mix. Mix well. Add chocolate chips. It will be sticky. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment