Russian Refresher Mix
2 cups powdered orange drink mix (Tang works)
1/3 cup presweeteened powdered lemonade mix
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well. Put in a 1-quart airtight container. Label. Store in a cool, dry place. Use within 6 months. Makes about 3 1/2 cups mix.
To serve: Add 3 tsp of Russian Refresher Mix to 1 cup hot water. Stir to dissolve.
She wraps some up in a cute jar or mug and gives it out as small Christmas presents. Like you sometimes see Cookies in a Jar or Hot Chocolate given as gifts.
It's a lot like Hot Apple Cider, but with Orange instead. I loved the tiny little sample we each got and woke up this morning with a sore throat thinking how good this drink sounded to me right now. Unfortunately I don't keep Tang on hand or I'd be drinking it right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment