Friday, May 7, 2010

Creamy Italian Crockpot Chicken



*This isn't the exact recipe, although I thought this was the blog where I got my recipe. Here's how I make it:

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts**
1 packet Good Seasons Italian dressing mix (an envelope of powder)
8 oz. cream cheese ***
2 cans cream of chicken soup
egg noodles

Directions:
In a crockpot, cook 3 chicken breasts sprinkled with dressing mix for about 3 hours. Shred chicken and return it to the crockpot. Add 8 oz. of cream cheese and two cans of cream of chicken soup***. Cook an additional 2-3 hours. Serve over egg noodles.***

**The original recipe I found called for frozen chicken breasts. The first time I made this recipe I made it this way and it turned out fine, I just used the full time so it was cooking 6-7 hours. But I worry about frozen chicken in a crockpot, so this time the chicken I used wasn't frozen and after the first 3 hours with just Italian dressing seasoning, it seemed a bit dry as I was shredding it... but turned out fine once everything else was added in.

*** Since we're trying to be healthy and all, I used 1/3 fat cream cheese and fat free, low sodium cream of chicken soup and served it on top of whole wheat noodles.

No comments: