I've only made Kolaches one other time and I made two varieties - the one linked to above, and this Ice Cream Kolache. I made them when I was in charge of book club in Kansas and we were reading Willa Cather's My Antonia, which is about a Bohemian girl. They are part of our family's heritage because Jed's paternal grandmother was the first child in her family born in the United States after her family immigrated from Bohemia (now the Czech Republic).
All of this needless background so I can show you the two ways this batch turned out.
| Perfect Batch |
| Crazy Batch |
1 comment:
I know this is a late response but this post thrilled me because there's a place here called Johnny Kolache and that's all they make there and they are so amazing. Some are like yours, with cream cheese & fruit but some have all the breakfast stuff in them-hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, eggs...your post made me crave those!
Post a Comment