I had a homeschool park day* last Friday that involved bringing a favorite pie to share. I forgot all about this until the night before. And I'm not really a pie person but if I did have to pick a favorite, they would all be pudding or ice cream based. Not something that would hold up at the park on a hot summer day. I looked around online and settled on a cookie pie. It turned out great. It's my new easy dessert of choice. I've already made it three times in the past week. It reminds me of the
Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 2/3 cups chocolate chips
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325. Mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. Mix sugars, butter, and vanilla. Add egg. Mix the two mixtures together. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips (I used half milk chocolate, half miniature semi-sweet). Press into 9 inch, greased, pie plate. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve topped with ice cream.
*Which fell on the same morning as a big storm, and we were almost an hour late, and the only ones that showed up. At least we got to eat the whole yummy pie ourselves.
2 comments:
Made this for dessert tonight. Super yummy! Thanks for the recipe!
This looks sooooo delicious! I'm so excited to try this, but I'm waiting until I'm in my maintenance phase of my diet to make it, because I want to savor every bite. :)
Post a Comment